Probation work is complex and demanding. Supervising offenders is a challenging occupation that not only involves the continuous assessment and management of risk, it also requires intervention skills to help motivate offenders to change.
To be effective, we need staff with the highest levels of integrity, skills and knowledge that are able to communicate their commitment to protecting the public.
Offering a wide variety of challenging roles, with excellent benefits and opportunities for progression, there is something for everyone at Humberside, Lincolnshire and North Yorkshire Community Rehabilitation Company Ltd.
The CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion. You can read more about our Equality and Diversity policy on our Equality & Diversity page.
To provide a comprehensive and effective administration service across a number of Flex Teams, supporting the team to deliver an effective rehabilitation service. We are looking for an experienced Case Co-ordinator to work from our Scunthorpe Office and possibly Grantham and Lincoln offices in the Greater Lincolnshire area. This role is offered on a full-time permanent basis working 37 hours a week with an expectation to work flexible hours to provide reception cover early evening. In return we are offering a £17,417 – £21,605 competitive salary, plus, flexible benefits, 27 days annual leave entitlement and company pension.
• Provide administration services to support the creation of reports, typing, formatting and general case admin. using the MS Office package, specifically Excel and Word
• Make up case notes ensuring all relevant information is included and administer systems to track service users’ progress
• Generate required management information as appropriate, including service user progress and information linked to contract performance
• Maintain accuracy of the Case management system (CMS), updating systems and records specific to different teams and functions
• Undertake telephone/reception duties when necessary
• Work with Case Managers (CMs), senior Case Managers (SCMs) and Professional S ervice Centre (PSC) to ensure all aspects of the sentence plan are organised and arranged
• Maintain all admin. aspects of offender case files including breach files and terminations and administer enforcement proceedings in line with Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC) processes
• Occasional engagement with service users, via telephone, where service users are attending structured interventions to remove barriers to sustained rehabilitation
• Provide admin. support to the line manager; to include reporting and supporting resolution of issues that may impact on service delivery, e.g., when a Case Manager goes sick or staff are absent, rearrange appointments/work
• Alert relevant colleagues should any risk be identified in relation to promoting the welfare of children and adults
• Support administration to the Flex Team to deliver service according to contract, including data inputting data to support performance management
• Communicate effectively with all members of the team, CRC teams and partner organisations, including the provision of essential information to actively demonstrate collaborative working within the Flex Team
• Perform other duties commensurate with the post as from time to time may be determined by the line manager, or above
Knowledge, skills & experience
• Educated to GCSE Level Qualifications including English and Maths (C or above) or equivalent
• Reception experience and dealing with challenging behaviour
• Ability to enforce standards and procedures
• Commitment to a reflective learning approach
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word and Excel
• Experience of Outlook
The successful applicant will need to cover a range of office type tasks including reception, have face to face contact with our service users, be able to work flexible hours to support delivery of our services – this could include working early evening. They must have an ability to navigate a range of different computer programmes and enjoy being part of a team.
Interserve’s vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world’s foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.62 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
CLOSING DATE: Monday 27th March 2017
Due to the nature of the work for this role the successful candidate will be required to apply for a Disclosure Scotland, criminal records check through the Disclosure & Barring Service. Further information on the Disclosure process can be found at www.gov.uk/dbs.
Additional information for internal applicants
For further information on this role please contact Adrian Evans or Simon Pollard – email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this role email your CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that you discuss your application with your current line manager before formally applying.